Meet the Team
Gordon is owner and principal and is committed to building a consultancy which puts expertise, quality and service delivery at the centre of everything. The aim is to deliver a wide range of health and safety services to clients with the objective of making a lasting difference to their health and safety management. He has over 30 years expertise in the field of health and safety, fire safety, asbestos management and legionella control.
Gordon was one of the founders of Quantum Compliance, a highly successful health and safety consultancy known for consistently delivering quality services to businesses in the property management, residential management, healthcare and retail sectors. Prior to that he worked for another consultancy and in policy development for the HSE. He also has extensive enforcement experience in H&S, fire safety, asbestos and legionella from his time as a team leader for Glasgow Environmental Services.
Specific areas of expertise include the following:
- Health and Safety Business Review – evaluating progress in relation to effective health and safety management, identifying practical and cost-effective improvements which support a positive health and safety culture.
- Accident investigation – including fatalities, workplace transport, work at height, failing building fabric, open water, electrocution, asbestos exposure and legionella outbreaks.
- Preparation for ISO 45001 accreditation – including gap analysis, alignment and standardisation of policies and processes across groups, and development of new policies and processes.
- Expert witness and liaison with enforcement officers – including falls from height, workplace transport, manual handling, failure of fabric, asbestos management, water quality and fire safety.
- Project management – including risk assessment and audit programmes, asbestos remedial works, and fire safety improvements.
- Policy and procedure development – working with clients to prepare risk control processes specific to their needs and following the results of post-accident analysis.
- Mentoring – assisting organisations and individuals who have limited resources or experience and developing their health and safety performance.
See Gordon’s CV for further information.
Asbestos Technical Manager
Mick has been advising on asbestos issues since 1989 and after 20 years working for some of the larger asbestos consultancies in the UK he established an independent consulting business providing technical assistance to dutyholders, UKAS laboratories and other groups within the asbestos industry.
He holds the BOHS Certificate of Competence in Asbestos, is a Fellow of the Royal Society for Public Health, a Chartered Environmentalist and a member of the BOHS Faculty of Asbestos Assessment and Management.
He has a working knowledge of the following;
- assessing dutyholder compliance with CAR 2012
- managing and maintaining quality procedures
- designing and delivering training courses
- carrying out gap analysis and incident investigation
- assisting with UKAS accreditation
- auditing licensed contractor and site activities
- developing asbestos management systems
- investigating regulatory breaches and exposure events
- compiling tender submissions and presenting bid pitches
- overseeing the delivery of framework contracts
Mick is involved with the following organisations as well as holding professional memberships;
Fellow of the Royal Society for Public Health
Member of the BOHS Faculty of Asbestos Assessment and Management (FAAM)
Member of BOHS examining panel for the Certificate of Competence in asbestos
Ofqual – retained external expert for asbestos qualifications
ATAC – Member of Management Committee (2001 to date)
Trainer and Practical Assessor for the RSPH Asbestos Qualifications
Institution of Environmental Sciences – member of Application Review Panel
ARCA – Trainer and Site Auditor
RICS – co-opted onto asbestos working group as lead author of the asbestos guidance note
Book a free consultation
Discuss your specific requirements with a member of our team